Friday, September 28, 2007

The Best Meal of My Life

Ok, perhaps the title of this post is a bit on an exaggeration. Maybe I should say that it was ONE of the best meals of my life. At any rate, the lunch I had on Wednesday afternoon was pretty darn good! Of course, nothing but the best was expected since it was a scholarship luncheon hosted by the culinary arts program of my school! I was blessed to be one of the "partakers" of the meal rather than one of the servers so I was able to make astute observations from a quest's perspective.



The menu really was superb! All of the flavors were expertly balanced and the portions, though at first glance frightfully small, perfect. My excitement hit the ceiling (Do forgive me for bragging here) when I recognized two out of the three menu items were mine from my menu/kitchen layout and design class!



One of the charming things about this lunch was that it was prepared and served entirely by student volunteers (except for Chef Byrd's Basic cooking class whose class day it was). May I say that they did terrific! So without further ado let me present the menu:



Mission fig and California

Goat Cheese Salad


Cabernet Braised Beef Short Ribs

with Glazed Root Vegetables,

Caramelized Onions, Brussels Sprouts

and Roasted Shallot Demi Glace


Pumpkin Creme Brulee

and Ginger Shortbread

1 comment:

Gumbo Lily said...

I wish I could have been a little mouse in your pocket taking little nibbles off those delicate plates of food.

Jody