Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Spontaneous Activities of Summer: Hiking

Sixteen Miles. 8 miles UP and another down. All in one day. All in summer heat. All with good company and a bit of pain. So goes the adventure story of sis and I ( as well as the 3 other friends that accompanied us). You can read more of the gory details on Middle Sis's blog here, but mean while, here are some quick photos from the trek. 



While much of the hike was NOT shaded, our timing was just right so that we came upon this lovely woodland, shady spot at lunch time. It was perfect. If only I knew then how much farther I would have to go! So glad I didn't!





The view from the top



I know it ain't pretty, but I just had to simply say "I was dirty"  doesn't do the dirt or myself justice. Take a look at my feet right after I removed my shoes, before they got sprayed with the hose.  Yes, the bright white is my natural skin color. 



I am almost too ashamed to admit it but this hike sparked more pain in my ligaments than I have ever experienced in my life!  Needless to say I took a delicious soak in the bath almost immediately upon entering my house.  There was not much rest for me the next day...I ended up working 10 hours at the Farmers Market.  I was waddling and limping around a little but I made it to the end of the day. 
It was certainly one of those unforgettable summer memories. 

No comments: