Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Writing Bits




I received some kind compliments regarding my post, “Days Like Threads,” and lest anyone think my writing scraps are 100% deep and brilliant let me show you a silly piece of writing that sailed through my head this morning as I drove to school. The inspiration for this work came from last night when my head was dizzy whenever it was on a vertical plane, my forehead sweaty, and my nose was runny. Did I mention that the final draft of my reaction paper was due in several hours? My dear sister told me to “go lay on the couch” and let her type the rest of my paper up! What a chum. What a dear (and no, she is not up for trading. Yeah, yeah, I am sure your sister is nice too, but I want to keep this one!)

To be sung to Jingle Bells (make sure you sing it with an upbeat before the first line. It begins at the "Dashing through the snow" part).

Anne….

On the 3rd week of Fall school.
I had a paper due.
It needed lots of work
So I gave it then to you.

With patience plentiful
You read, re-read, revised.
You even typed it up for me so I could spare my eyes!!

OhhChorus anyone….?



Reason # 156 why NOT to live in dorm…..because a room-mate would NEVER offer to type your research paper for you the night it was due.

Thank you again Anne a MILLION times over!!

2 comments:

TRBC Ladies' Fellowship said...

My Dear Anne, My Dear Anne, my sister and my friend.
Oh how good God was to me, when he gave me my Dear Anne!
How's that? I think I may be missing a syllable, but I know you'll fix that.
Love, T

The Beauty of the Lord said...

Congratulations Happy Trails, you have just discovered your Inner Poet!! Thanks for your contribution! The chorus completes it! NO notable "syllable issues" pop out at me. (besides, if you noticed, MY verse wasn't perfect in its cadence)