Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Six-Book Summer

Seeing as this is the first day of Fall (in addition to the fact that the school quarter begins this Thursday), I reckon it is appropriate to take a glance backward at this summer's reading list! Thanks mostly to the Playaways that my library have, I consumed 6 books , totaling up to almost 100 hours of literature! The books I read were:

Anne Of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery

Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Vern

Ever
by Gail Carson Levine

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Bleak House by Charles Dickens (This baby was 39.5 hours to listen to and it took me approx. 6 weeks!)

Up From Slavery by Booker T. Washington.

As you can see, a wide range of genres were represented here. When I read, I want to discover something; it may be from the actual information written in the text, it may be from the writers' style. One thing that I have discovered is that the older I get the more I appreciate books. I guess there is one good thing about getting old, and that is there are more opportunities to read!

My newly acquired maxim...always be reading something!

4 comments:

TRBC Ladies' Fellowship said...

OLD??? Hah! :)

Discover More Art said...

Reading good books makes our brains grow and life and conversation more interesting.I know I can always use a little more of that!

The Beauty of the Lord said...

Pardon my slip of the keys... is
"older" better? :)

Gumbo Lily said...

That's quite a list. I'm impressed. About your being "old"....ahem....maybe "mature" instead?

Jody