Monday, September 14, 2009

Juice Em Up!

Last week I worked hard for two hours doing yard work for some friends who have a rather spacious, hilly yard with horse poperty. These friends also happen to have an abundance of oranges that will simply rot if left any longer. When finished with my work I filled 1/3 of a 5 gallon bucket with oranges. So under the spreading orange tree I crawled, hazarding orange thorns and dead twigs left on their branches with the soul propose of impaling my arms and face! I filled 1/3 of a 5 gallon bucket with these very squishy, golden globes! At home I washed, cut and sqeeeeezzzzzed. It was the easiest juice I have ever made! It was pretty too; the blood oranges casting a light, pink lemonade hue.


Just strain and pour...

..and sip! Delish!

2 comments:

TRBC Ladies' Fellowship said...

SWEET...That is the new word that A. has picked up at school...I thought it applied here :)
Can't wait to see S.H. pictures!
Love, T

The Beauty of the Lord said...

Yes "sweet" most certainly applies here! I wish I could reach through the screen and pour you a glass!