Friday, August 7, 2009

Vacation in Review--part 5 Friends and Fun

Friends



Meet my friends, the goats. I came love these two, four-legged critters. They call to you, eat (anything!) out of your hand. Tthey frolic and run with (and after) you.

I really came to have a a deep affection for these little guys. I think of them often when I am weeding or cutting out strawberry hulls. I could feed my goat-buddies with these I think. Maybe one day I'll be able to have some, but for now their memory will live on in pictures.

Fun


One of these happy vacation days was spent swimming in a river (not the one in the in-laws backyard, a different one). We jumped and dove off of rocks as well as those overpass cement post thingys (never in a million years would I have thought of jumping off of the actual overpass! EEK!)! I later took County Sis's dog's example and took an nap in the delicious sunshine using Callie-dog herself as my pillow (honestly, you didn't expect me to use a rock for a pillow do you? I hear it gives you weird dreams and strange visions. Just ask Jacob of the Bible.)
Sigh...the whole day was wonderful....what relaxation!

No comments: