Wednesday, July 25, 2007

As the morning sun rose in the sky, it reached into my car window touching the books on my lap. The clock read 7:30 but the heat rising from the school parking lot foretold a toasty day. I prayed; Lord, I don’t have much time before math class but can you bless the few moments I do have? I know you are a Rewarder of those who seek You. Will You bless these minutes I have?

I first opened up my Bible for my warm up read in today’s’ Psalm (25). It was a good place to start. Next, I thumbed my way to Charles Spurgeon’s Morning & Evening. What a blessing it was!! Here is a little snippet:

He left his garment in her hand and fled, and got him out” Genesis 39:12

“This day I may be exposed to great peril, let me have the serpent’s wisdom to keep out of it and avoid it. The wings of a dove may be of more use to me today than the jaws of a lion. It is true I may be an apparent lose by declining evil company, but better leave my cloak than lose my character: it is not needful that I should be rich, but it is imperative upon me to be pure.”


- Charles Spurgeon
From the July 25, morning reading

The thought flickered across my mind and I would challenge you with the same: What cloak am I snuggling closer that I should be ripping off…? Should I be taking flight with "the wings of a dove?"

Slam! I closed the car and glanced at my watch. 7:48AM. You sure don't waste time do ya Lord! As the ball of fire rose in the sky, I headed into class, smiling with my lion's jaw and tucking my dove wings beneath my backpack.

No comments: