Monday, September 21, 2015

Hitched!!

Unbelievable it seems to me that I have not written in 11 months!! (Ok, maybe not so unbelievable if you look at my blogging history!) .  But the most unbelievable things are all the events that have happened since I last blogged.  I'll give you a quick rewind/fast-forward version of my life in those 11 months... Two months prior to my last post I began dating a wonderful man (my sister's brother-in-law to be precise) who I had admired and silently prayed about for some time (a long time!).  That November he flew down to my family to visit and in January 2015 we were engaged.  Six months simultaneously flew and crawled by until June 6th 2015 rolled around and we were married! (It's horivle of my to fly so quickly over a good love story.  And believe me, this one is a good one.  Details to come later).  Honestly, our wedding day was one of the best days of my life as I celebrated God's kindness and design and said goodbye to friends and family alike. Good byes?  Yes, I had to say many goodbyes as my new husband was taking me to a completely different state and way of life!  This City--born girl with a Country-heart has now been transplanted and is living in the country!
We landed back into our new home at the beginning go of summer which, as I came to discover, is one of THE busiest times in the life of any Country person.  Chickens, gardens, roses, weeds, unpacking, figuring out a budget, learning new geography and places to shop, family events, cooking and housecleaning, digging out old bushes, wedding thank you notes, canning and freezing produce....the list goes on and on.  It was like jumping into a whirl wind.  But is was wonderful and my Husband was (and continues to be) great at helping me transition and giving me the needed space to do so.  Now that fall has arrived, things are slowing down.  The boxes that were set aside for the canning and freezing activities (and summer fun!) are now almost finished being unpacked. A more steady routine is setting in.  As we look to the delights that fall has to bring, we are also trying to decide the wisest use of my time in this season of our marriage.  Work? Volunteering? While we figure all of that out, I thought that it was about time to get back to blogging.  Hopefully, I can stay steady enough so that another 11 months will pass with more that one or two posts in the archive!
While, I normally don't post pictures of myself or family, I felt compelled to post this one as it is one of my absolute favorites from our wedding!  It says so much of the bright blessing and joy of the day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I am so happy to have you as a cousin AND a friend and am thankful you live so much closer now!

I hope you have a wonderful day.

In Christ,
Jessica

The Beauty of the Lord said...

Jessica! So glad we can be closer now too! Now we get to "coversate" in person instead of paper! :D Thanks for being a blessing!

D&B said...

I love that picture too! And I love you both dearly! MIL