Tuesday, March 10, 2009

James 1: 27...On Film



This film clip from Youtube is a extremely powerful and moving picture of what is we as Americans do not often see. I have seen it three times and I cried every single time. No, cry isn't the right word...I wept every time. On each occasion my heart was convicted over my own shallow, selfishness as well as the hope of the Gospel. How much do I complain in the space of one days time when not only do I have salvation, (the greatest gift of all) I have an excess of temporal blessings and enjoyments. Yet despite these blessings, I regularly crave for more and become upset when my desires are not met. How much I have to learn about giving like our Lord Jesus gave.


Like I said, this film is moving. The only question is, what will it move us to do?

No comments: