Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Small Matter of No Real consequence

In Monday's philosophy reading of the Apology by Plato, I came across a certain line that upturned my scholarly-set mouth into a smile. I am probably one of the only people I know of who would say that it was funny...and then blog it.


"..[P]oets do not compose their poems with knowledge, but by some inborn talent and by inspiration..."


Paint is as you will.

Give dark meanings to the plain vision.

I do believe, my dear Plato, that this is called intuition.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathryn, Is your new cover photo of the hills above you, where the fire was? Just curious.
Love Grandma G.

Anonymous said...

Dear Cathryn, Is the new picture which shows first, of the hills above you where the fire was last fall? Love Grandma G

The Beauty of the Lord said...

Grandma G!

I actually the picture was taken in South county. I took it on january 3rd, a practically spotless day! :)

Anonymous said...

In the words of Squire Hamley...its all a bit deep for me :) But, you impress me.
Love, T

The Beauty of the Lord said...

T,
Don't be impresssed. To paraphrase the quote in my college's tutoring center--I forget the orig. author-- Always immitate the actions of winners, even when you lose. For all you know I could really be a loser who is imitating the actions of the truly deep. :)

Anonymous said...

I DON'T think so!