Saturday, January 17, 2009

Food Fact Of the Week


- Did you know that milk is the best way to meet your daily calcium requirements? This is because our bodies absorb calcium best in the the presence of both vitamin D and lactose! (a)


- "The human body contains more calcium than any other mineral. For the average 130 lbs, adult about....3 lb...of the body is calcium." (b)

Sources:

(a) K. London. Nutrition Professor

(b) Complete Food and Nutrition Guide 3rd Edition. by Roberta Larson Duyff
Note: I did NOT take the awesome milk picture. Oh how I wish...!

2 comments:

Gumbo Lily said...

That is VERY interesting. I hope you'll keep up with the nutritional tips. Now before I go to bed, a small glass of milk!

Jody

Charming Simplicity said...

Yes!!!! I knew milk was good for me Why else would I love it so much?!! This is total justification for that big glass I have every couple days. :-)