Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Thirty Years of Love


It wasn't until the middle of my devotions this morning when I remembered. I was studying 1 John 4, a chapter that speaks of God's sacrificial love and how we can reflect that same love to others when I recalled that today, thirty years ago, my Dad and Mom were married.

I felt like we should have had some great party for them. Mom and Dad should have gone out for fillet mignon, creme brulee and candlelight. They wasn't. Mom didn't really feel like dining out and Dad was perfectly satisfied to stay home. So the whole family ate noodles with meatballs in a mushroom-green pea sauce. It was simple and sweet, much like my parents love for each other. After Mom finished reading the card Dad had given her Dad reached for her hand and said, "Look for me, I'll be there." That is true love isn't it? A sacrifce and a heart celebration... every single day.

Dad, Mom, God has been so gracious and faithful to you both. Thanks for looking at each other the past 30 years and "being there!"

1 comment:

kristin said...

This is so cool! .


You SO do not do enough posts on here!