Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The 20 Blessings Game... Part 1

Actually, I guess it should be called the “however old you are” blessings game. It is not a regular game. In fact, it might not be considered a game at all. I however, found it an wonderful exercise. I acquired the idea for this game from Nancy Leigh DeMoss after hearing how she made a list of 30 blessings on her 30th birthday*. The only rule of the game (simplistic folks like me prefer this sort of game. The fewer amount of rules the better) is that your list of blessings must be the same number as your age. At first I found myself thinking about the most recent blessings; blessings experienced within the last month or two. However, after deeper consideration I began to un-pile the numerous blessings that covered the span of my entire life. It was difficult to stop at 20! If played correctly, this game is a definite win. In the end, I found myself truly thankful and full of praise to the Lord. I found myself saying, I am rich indeed!!

*small disclaimer…. It might not have been her 30th birthday exactly. I am almost certain it was but don’t hold me to the exact number.

My 20 Blessings list (installment 1)

1 God has taken care of my greatest problem….my sin. Through the blood of His Son, God saved me from the path of destruction and put my of the path of life.

2. God’s patience. The older I get the more I see His unfailing patience. Praise God that He is not as quick to act, judged, and punish as I am.

3. Dad. What a blessing to have a father such as God set over me. Dad makes it easy to summit to him. My heart can gladly respect a man who daily comes before His Savior to be taught, seek counsel, and confess sin. My heart is blessed every morning when Dad and Mom pray together, when he takes me on donut dates, and at the remembrance that he never traveled so that he could be a better husband to his wife and a better father to his children.

4. Mom. What a mother I have! I wish all young women could have a mother like mine. I thank God for her sacrifices (seen and unseen), her continuous and fervent attitude of prayer, her eternal perspective, and her whole-hearted training and rearing of her daughters. Many young women are bankrupt when it comes down to the important areas of life because their mothers have not invested in them. Not so with my mom.

5. L.K. Her organization, responsibility, and kindness have modeled how to be mature (something I thinkj she was born with!). Her example has taught me soooo much!

6. Anne. In particular it is her staunch persistence that is such an example to me. Her fearlessness and companionship have been exemplary and they have equipped my with courage to so the same.

7. L and L’s relationship. The way both of then endeavoured to honor God above all and then each other (and their parents) has been a much needed example.

8. Land L's wedding in July!!! What a celebration it will be!

9. A tender heart towards God's workings

10. The body of belivers. What an incredible blessing the people of God are! I never cease to be amazed at how and where I find God's people.

No comments: