Friday, June 13, 2008

The 20 Blesings Game...part 2

Here is part 2 of the blessings game. Hopefully you are somewhat inspired sooo... why doesn't everybody put up the first 5 that come to mind.... looking forward to seeing how God is working in all ya'lls lives!

My 20 Blessing (installment 2)

11. Homeschooling. Some people think homeschooling will teach their kids how to be smart. Homeschooling didn't do that for me, it taught me how to live Biblically.

12. Having NO TV! I truly believe this was one of the best things my parents did for me!!Because it wasn't available I wasn't addicted or enslaved to it. Be being TV-less I wasn not only gifted with more time, my mind was protected from the growing wickedness TV allows into many homes and hearts.


13.College. This a big one for me because God's blessings have been multi-faceted:
a)Academically I have blossomed. I mean this in the best of senses (no pride here). What I mean is that each class was (and still is) a puzzle of how to problem solve. Each class was a lesson in truly learn, and understand, and apply. Of all places, my chemistry book gave the best definition of education I have heard of yet. (I need to go dig it up and post)
b)Perseverance. This is another characteristic that accompanies learning. It is a skill needed in all of life and one that is stated in the Bible noteworthy.

c) Organization. It's just that plain and simple: organization keeps the sanity

d) Spiritually. Yes college has challenged me to lean hard on my precious Savior. Certain thought patterns stemming from the fear of failure and the fear of man were exposed. It took the constant slew of assignments, deadlines, and difficult teachers to bring me to a place where I could not depend on my own strength, resources, and capacity.


14. My job watching "Pooky" 10 hours a week! ("Pooky" is a 16 month old little girl I sit every week) I adore my job!


15.Direction in school plans


16.Roadtrip Vacations. Nothing can replace the sanctification a stationwagon, 5 people, and an open road bring. So many memories were made too: the 9 hour wait in Barstow, the climb up Horn Peak, food poisoning in the car, books on tape....sigh.


17. A childhood full of chores, dress up, and the great outdoors! What bliss....The red skirt with the rip, the harness swing, the stroll around the street in the green trash can ...need I say more?!


18. The ability to read and imagine. As bizarre as it might sound I once thought I would never read. "Never in a hundred years," I cried until I was about nine. I am a wretched prophet. I learned both how to reed and spele.


19.Laughter. I am so thankful to have been raised in a family that values laughter. I absolutely love to laugh! Belly laughs are the best, especially when they are accompanied with tears.


20. Health. I am certainly not without my issues, but I have nothing whatsoever to complain about. I work, what more can I say?

1 comment:

Gumbo Lily said...

I was blessed just reading these.
Thank you for sharing them.

Jody