Saturday, February 9, 2008

Dear L.K....

You are only a couple days away from your B day. I figured since this was a particularly important occasion I should say something extra celebratory. You know, something like, "I have always looked up to you." I might want to include examples to prove it. How about that phase I went through when I would only drink the identical flavor of soda that you did, even if I didn't really like it. Or what about the time we had that all-sibling argument in the side yard about that movie. I sided with you even though gut deep I thought Curly-Q had a point. Yeah, that's when Grandma said "You always side with L.K don't you?" Man, was she right. I guess I was acting upon the awarenss that you got me into trouble the least. Additionally, you were older than me so...well, I think that was supposed to account for something.

If I wanted to be sentimental I guess I would say that the truth is, I have always looked up to you and that as we grow older I see more and more why I should. Your submissive heart. Your gentleness. Your perseverance. These are a few evidences of God's gracious and faithful fingerprints.

I have much to learn from you...in this season and the next. I am privileged to be your sister.

These were things I was going to say, however, I decided to mention that you are half way to 50! Enjoy your age cuz ya can't go back....Happy Birthday!!!

All my love,
Turkey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

C,
That was BEAUTIFUL. Sniff, sniff.
Love, Tracy