Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Caramel Corn

Christmas is not officially here until the caramel corn has been made. (Finally, finals are over and I have the time to get into the kitchen again!) I wish I had a lip-smack'n, picture that did it justice but unfortunately I do not. However, You will just have to take my word for it that this is some of the BEST caramel corn ever. I can stay away from cookies but oven baked caramel corn...watch out!

Ovenbaked Caramel Corn

1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
½ cup light or dark corn syrup
1 tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
6 quarts of popped corn (or more depending on how “caramely” you want it to be)


Preheat oven to 250°.
In a deep pan, melt butter. Stir in brown, sugar, syrup, and salt. Boil (stirring) for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in soda and vanilla. Pour over corn, mixing well, turn into 2 shallow pans.

Bake in 250° oven for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes. Cool and break apart and store in a tight container.

No comments: