Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Little Black Dress: Part 1

Like they say, every girl needs a little black dress... and I couldn't agree more! While on spring break back in March, Mom and I stopped by Goodwill and found this delightful little lacy black dress tucked away on the dress rack. Some friends recently invited my sister and I to a black-and-white themed English Country Dance event so lo and behold I had a wonderful excuse for trying the dress on and making the purchase when I found that it fit!+

It is nice to know a little about sewing for oneself and an added blessing to have a Mom who is rather clever/ proficient in the business herself. Mom kindly said she could make some alterations to my dress by first adding straps (I didn't want it strapless) and making a little petticoat to make the skirt "poof" out a smidgen.

The original dress

Stay tunned forthe end result of the alterations in an upcomming post

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good. Love Grandma G.

Anonymous said...

How fun...an English Country Dance!!! Have fun. You are going to be Beautiful!
Love, T