Monday, January 25, 2010

Some Thoughts

I have had many things on my mind this last week. Yesterday, in Sunday school as my thoughts bounced hither and thither, struggling to focus on the lesson, the truth and peace of the Gospel came back to me:

If Jesus left the courts of Heaven to clothe Himself with a limiting, mortal body, and to endure those limitations and difficulties, and to take upon Himself the wrath of God for the filthy-heartedness which He never committed; if He expressed His love for you like that, then will He not express His love and understanding to you in those weighty decisions which your heart feels burdened with and for which you lips cry out "Lord, give me wisdom?"

For those who know Christ, know that God has already lavished on you the greatest act of love possible. That gives courage to face the day with peace.

1 comment:

Gumbo Lily said...

Good thoughts. What a gift He has given us.

Jody