Monday, December 7, 2009

A college student's WORST nightmare...

...is missing the final exam. This was almost the case...with my classmate. Below is our real "text-versation:" Affer relizing that Mallory wasn't at the 7:am final (and she is never late.) and after completing the final I texted her around 8:o5am. The final ended at 9:00am (note: any spelling "mistakes" are left uncorrected)

Me: Where were yu 4 the final
Mallory: oh my gosh ...comimng
Mallory:I slept through two alrams =/ i'm so dead.

Me: Oh dear u serious i wished i had texted u sooner!
Mallory:I have never woke up late for this class =/

Me:It endes at 9. U could still try and so some of it.
Mallory: i'm on my way -/

Me: BTW...Dr, O is still in the room. I told her u were comming...she understood!

Later...

Mallory: ha i finished before 9=D was a easy final! (sic) thank you for texting me! see you noon tomorrow!
Me:U go girl!

3 comments:

Sweet Home Livin' said...

That makes me sick to even think about it! Glad you text her! :)

Kevin said...

Stumbled upon your blog. And I must say, I enjoyed reading the entries about how college can so stressful times (looking left and right multi-tasking, and trying to get to finish the finals when you're late) and how you can get out of those situations alive. Indeed, for us students, thanks be to God. :)

The Beauty of the Lord said...

Welcome Kevin! So glad you enjoyed looking around.

Yes, indeed, what would we students do without God’s constant supply of grace? I have a sneaking suspicion that that need only changes shape and form as we transition from one season/phase of life to the next.

Grace to thrive!