Monday, November 9, 2009

Opperation Lizard






Look at his face. Is endearing the word that comes to mind? For you it probably doesn’t, but for my Country Sis and me, this little guy has a special place in our hearts. The details surrounding Operation Lizard have long been forgotten, but it is a tradition that carries on, bringing much "endearment" with it.

Years ago when my Country Sis was still The Eldest City Sis (whom we teased and called Mother Superior...you know like the head Nun in a convent* smile*) started to "hide" this plastic lizard somewhere in the other sister's "stuff." The goal was to surprise her.

Back and forth, from underwear drawer to shoebox, to makeup cabinet, agent Lizard went. Occasionally he brought a message such as a tender "I love you" or a playful, "Didn't think you'd find me here did ya?" The tactics became more serious and complicated when I mailed Agent Lizard to our friends in Texas so they could hide it in Eldest City Sis's suitcase. I had forgotten to do so before she left.

On my recent trip back from Eldest City Sis's home (now married and whom is fondly renamed Country Sis. Sorry girl-friend but I don’t' think you were cut out to be a nun!) I found Agent lizard in my bag. After years of sabbatical, he was back on the track, with a bow on him!

I don't have Agent Lizard anymore, he has been sent on another mission.--back up with Country Sis. When she came for a October visit, the reptilian Agent accompanied her back home.
Mission Accomplished!!



Anyone else want to share the fun and silly traditions that they have?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You gals have cheap but FUN entertainment. Keep it not, not necessarily with a lizard.
Love GrandmaG

The Beauty of the Lord said...

Grnadma G

If one follows that maxim find "enjoyment in the small things in life" one is generally kept entertained!

We DO have strange tastes do we not? :)

Love ya!

TRBC Ladies' Fellowship said...

Oh how fun...a friend for J.B.s new pet! Good work agent C.!