Monday, August 18, 2008


My last official day of summer was yesterday. That of course, means that today is the official first day of the fall semester.

Many are the feelings and thoughts with which my mind is occupying itself. One of the thoughts happens to be a quote I came across last spring. It is is a very true saying from the dedication portion of my chemistry book. A certain Mr. William Feather is the author of it.

"An Education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you do know and what you don't. It's knowing where to find out what you need to know; and it's knowing how to use the information once you get it."

Well said, no? I don't know about you, but it helps with that often forgotten aid called perspective.

5 comments:

Charming Simplicity said...

"Tis the last rose of summer..."

Gumbo Lily said...

Loved the drooping rose pic. Happy Fall Semester. Study hard!

Jody

The Beauty of the Lord said...

Thanks Jody. Unfortunately, while I take most of the pictures on my blog, I cannot claim credit for the wilting rose. Thank google images. :)

Anne. Glad you mentioned it! In fact, here is the link to the song "The Last of Rose of Summer" performed by one of my newly-found music groups,Celtic Woman. This song is one of my favorites from their recent album, "Celtic Woman, a New Journey." If you have never heard them before you are in for a treat! (Please note that the author of this post in no way believes the Celtic Woman performers are models of taste or modesty in their performance attire.)

The link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqpIf5SSLsw

kristin said...

You guys blog way to slow..come on girl I check your blog everyday and the updates need to be MORE! :)

The Beauty of the Lord said...

Ok, ok, ok. gee I'll get on it. :) No really Kristin, I am flatered that you check it so often. I actually have had something in the queue for a while but I wanted to think/pray about it first. By the way...cute new pic. *wink*