Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Wedding Blessing

As I think about my sister's wedding tomorrow (Saturday), I can't help but feel the need to send a blessing along with her and her soon-to-be-husband as they begin a new life together one state away. I have been reading in Colossians for my devotions and I honestly cannot think of a better blessing than what is written in verses 9- 13 of chapter one. Just as Paul prayed these words earnestly for the church of Colosse, so I too lift them up again to our Father ...

So L and L, my prayer for you is that you may be filled with the knowledge of [God's] will, with all wisdom and spiritual understanding. That as you live the rest of you lives as one, you may walk worthy of the Lord in a manner fully pleasing to Him. May you be fruitful in every good work and increase in the knowledge of God. May the source of your strength come form [God's] glorious power in order that you may be patient, [and] longsuffering. May all that you do be done out of joy and thanksgiving to God as you remember the truth of your inheritance and His eternal deliverance into the kingdom of the Son of His love. Amen.
I love you.

1 comment:

Sweet Home Livin' said...

You are a blessing! Thank you! Lo